Sorry, I thought you were talking about the Coens' article, not the Walter Murch one. I got the articles confused. Apologies.
-------------------------
Sometimes I get confused.
Sorry, I thought you were talking about the Coens' article, not the Walter Murch one. I got the articles confused. Apologies.
-------------------------
Sometimes I get confused.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No native wireless support? Who gives a shit? Isnt the top of the line G5 the same anyways?You need to buy (assuming you?re starting from scratch), a monitor, a keyboard, and a mouse. The USB is limited, no native wireless support (blue tooth is an upgrade module, read the small print), max 80Gb HDD will not hold the average 6 hours of footage for a 90 minute feature (only 40Gb on the basic model). The quoted ?340 for this thing is very misleading.
Not enough RAM? Even the mighty dual 2.5GHz G5 has shitty ram as standard.
Not big enough harddrive? Even the mighty dual 2.5GHz G5 has...
No mouse or monitor? Macs dont come with monitors and the mice need replacing because the 1 button is useless.
So OMG the G5 must be totaly misleading as well...
No Apple sell their computers with low specs so you can build them up how you want. Just in this case its even more stripped down than usual with no DVD burner out of the box and no mouse and keyboard.
Im interested to know exactly what sort of films this thing wont edit if you spec it right? Once I upgrade the RAM and get a DVD burner this thing will edit my microbuget short films no problems. Maybe you wanna colour correct 70mm film or something, but for my needs it would be suitable.
And like i said earlier, this thing could meet a whole number of uses such as being a machine to write screenplays on, design the website to advertise the film, compose a score with garageband...
That crunching noise you heard was my forehead interfacing with my keyboard.
With such stunning indepth research as:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And:Macs dont come with monitors and the mice need replacing because the 1 button is useless.
So OMG the G5 must be totaly misleading as well...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And, of course, the almighty:... Apple sell their computers with low specs so you can build them up how you want. Just in this case its even more stripped down than usual with no DVD burner out of the box and no mouse and keyboard.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think that my point has not so much been misunderstood or missed, but rather worn down to a nub by the inevitable forces of stupidity and incomprehension.Once I upgrade the RAM and get a DVD burner this thing will edit my microbuget short films no problems.
-------------------------
Was I not saying it right or something?
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 24, 2005 09:02 AM: Message edited by: jb. ]</font>
You make the point the lowest end mac doesnt have enough ram, harddrive, and lacks a mouse and monitor, i make the point that the highest end mac doesnt have that stuff either... and that is stupid reply in some way?
I think for all our sakes you should accept that that people disagree with you and stop arguing back. If you wanna think you are smart and we are dumb thats fair enough. But this aruing back and forth isnt getting us anywhere.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 24, 2005 09:10 AM: Message edited by: belovedmonster ]</font>
Are you insane? I mean really, seriously, are you on a course of counselling or something? Blanket statements and casual arrogance are all part of messageboards, we all do that. But are you serious with that post? You can't answer any of my questions, you have no coherent counter arguments, and you are disseminating false information. Yet, somehow feel that it's ok to tell me to stop arguing my position?
I am truly staggered.
-------------------------
Wow.
may I steop into this fascinating discussion?
>Im interested to know exactly what sort of films
>this thing wont edit if you spec it right? Once
>I upgrade the RAM and get a DVD burner this
> thing will edit my microbuget short films no
> problems.
That, I think, is exactly the point JB is trying (fruitlessly) to make.
Thank you eidde! Thankyou! If you ever need anything, ever, call me. Thankyou!
-------------------------
At last! Someone got it!
well if you mean it, I quite fancy one of these:
http://www.apple.com/macmini/
Looks like a real bargain to me.
Urrm
All Mac's need thier RAM increased.
Bookmarks